I re-read Sarah, Plain and Tall this evening -- taking it in like a long-drawn breath of fresh air.
The children in the story want so much for her to like them. They are aching for love.
"Tell them I sing..." she wrote to them. It made me cry.
What do my children in Eastern Europe wonder about me? Do they wonder about me? Do they know that I think about them every hour of every day, and have done so for years?
The waiting inherent in this adoption is taxing on my soul. I feel stretched to breaking some days with wondering how, when, and who. My 13 year old daughter says that I don't sing as much as I used to. I think that my hair is grayer. Waiting is hard.
But today we got news: our paperwork was accepted, and we have approval to adopt in our daughters' country. We have been "registered."
We still wait for an appointment date, which will come in the next few weeks, but the big hurdle has been overcome.
Tonight I whispered to the wind, "Send my love, and tell them I sing...."
This is beautiful. Thinking about you every day. :)
ReplyDelete