I started feeling antsy again on Friday. Thankfully my drive to move this whole process forward held off and calmed down for the first few weeks after school started. I don't think I could have focused on both adoption and getting my children back into the swing of things all at the same time. However, by late last week, when I no longer found myself wandering the isles of Walmart looking for that one final school supply that was requested last minute, I began to think again about what was next on the never-ending preparation list.
Our Homestudy interviews are scheduled for this upcoming Saturday. Until the results of those are sent to the US government, all of the paperwork is kind of on hold. That just leaves all of the other preparations -- like a binder of info for my wonderful parents who are going to come for the month my husband and I are away, filling the freezer with easy meals options, decluttering, and creating all kinds of things to help the girls visualize our home and their future siblings and what to expect from this huge change in their lives.
Plus, we are waiting on the Lord to know who we are actually bringing home. I think this info must be on a "need-to-know" basis and right now we must not need to know -- yet. I am confident that when we do need to know, we will know. Meanwhile I scan the faces on the country's data base and wonder and pray. This is a whole new test of patience and trust.
I follow others' blogs who are adopting and realize that this is a big world full of incredible people doing the best they can to follow our Savior. It touches my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment