Here is an excerpt from an info-email I sent last week:
My oldest son was approved to have his Eagle board of review. What a big project this has been!
My next son (16) is going to get his driver’s permit today. He is also going to the Priest and Laurel Prom tomorrow. First big date!!
My second and third sons had their UIL performance with their high school band yesterday and blew the judges away with college-level material.
My third son was chosen out of the trombones in the whole high school as one of the best after his solo presentation last week. And he is only a freshman!
My youngest son just had his braces tightened and is sore. He made a lego dragon for his Pinewood Derby car last night and had a lot of fun. Hubby posted pics on FB. Last Pinewood derby for our house -- pretty remarkable!
My daughter and I enjoyed a mother-daughter night w/the YW. Last week she gave a presentation at school on posture and body language and did a great job.
On the adoption: Our Homestudy was over being overseen by our adoption agency, but when they okayed it in November they overlooked something that was out of compliance with gov’t expectations in our daughters’ country and didn’t realize the problem until late Feb. So we had to have it redone. I finally got the updated Homestudy in the mail yesterday, took it downtown and got it officially stamped (apotstilled) today, and mailed it overseas just after lunch. It is supposed to get there on Tues (isn’t that a marvel!!), and if it does, all of our paperwork will be submitted to the gov’t there on Thursday. If not, it has to wait for the next Thursday.
After that, the gov’t has 6-8 weeks to turn it around, but lately they have been turning it around in about 2. However, nothing so far has followed any expedited timeline with this whole process, so I’m not sure what to think anymore. ;) Except that God knows what timing things really matter, and He will help it to work out as it should.
Thanks for the prayers. I have been pretty sick with a bad cold this whole week but am slowly gaining strength. I had some hot lentil curry mulligatawny for lunch that was delightful!
My husband is wonderful and I love him a lot.
Hugs!
—Sarah.
So -- our updated HS was picked up in country by our facilitator yesterday and I am waiting to hear if it was all submitted to the gov't today. I sure hope so!
I hear that there were some miracles happening behind the scenes so that the connections between people and paperwork could be made in time. I wonder if we will ever know how much the Lord is doing and has done to make things work out properly. I would love a "top-down" view on this process!
I worked some more on the binder of info for my parents. Every time a lag happens there are a number of new things that have to be added for info on upcoming events I expected we would be back for. It is a bit mind-boggling! I am sure that they will be fine, but it is hard to think about being gone so long...
The pile in my room of things to pack grows larger. The list of "to-do" items loses things at the top and gains things at the bottom on a pretty regular basis.
Thankfully I am better from my cold.
BLESSINGS!
No comments:
Post a Comment