

We decided to try a walk down to the beach again, since we found a faster way to get there through Park Shevchenko. The portion of the beach nearest us is occupied by the Nemo Hotel and Beach Club, so many of the pictures show their commercial take on things.
I think we are also pretty near the port as well, so the experience has to be a bit different -- deeper water, less sand. (Not really sand anyway -- dirt with ground up pieces of shell in it.) And no waves. Is that what you get at the sea? It didn't smell salty. Google says it has half the salinity of the ocean. Huh.
I wanted to touch it. So I could say that I had. It was warm and clear. Our daughter has been to the Black Sea once. Now I have, too.
We also tried our first hamburgers since we have been here. It was strange: they had all of the same elements, but didn't really taste like American ones. Worth a try, just for the experience. BTW: you had to pay for ketchup, 7 hryvnia, a third the price of the potato wedges we ordered. It was good ketchup. Almost like a light barbecue sauce.
Take a look at this stand selling dried fish. What would a person do with this? Do you eat it like that? They sell them in the grocery store like that as well. Our facilitator called them "ready to eat."
On the way down to the beach we found this amazing park. Most of the parks we pass by in the suburbs are older and more worn, but just as enjoyed. I wonder who funded this one?
On the way back up we saw this area, that we had missed before. I call it the park for parents.






No comments:
Post a Comment