Sometimes the realities of the things my daughters in Eastern Europe might have faced in their short lives overwhelms my heart and I just have to sob.
These aren't the terrors I would wish for anyone, let alone my sweet children. It hurts me that I could not have been there to protect and nurture them earlier. To pray that somehow they might have escaped while so many others have not seems selfish. Instead I keep praying for the Lord to lend me His strength and love so that together we can face whatever we find. And that I can have fortitude and trust to continue to face it again day after day as He helps to heal the hurt.
So this evening, if you were in my neighborhood, you might have caught a glimpse of me walking, shoulders wracked with sobs, as I talked with our Father in Heaven about this plan He has for me and how hard it sometimes is to face.
After a while, my heart stilled and words from a beloved hymn came to mind. As I walked and sang through verse after verse, the fear and pain began to slip away. This life journey is not what I planned, but I know that through our Savior, all can be made whole.
"I know that my Redeemer lives!
What comfort this sweet sentence gives! ...
He lives to bless me with His love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.
He lives to grant me rich supply.
He lives to guide me with His eye.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my soul's complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubled heart.
He lives all blessings to impart.
He lives, my kind, wise heavenly Friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives, and while he lives, I'll sing!
He lives, my Prophet, Priest, and King."
(Words by Samuel Medley, 1738-1799)
No comments:
Post a Comment