My husband's mother has said that sometimes God inspires us to move in a certain direction, not because that is our end goal, but because the journey there will lead us to the next step.
Our adoption process feels a lot like that, and so at each point I have to ask myself if we have reached the destination or just the launching point for a new adventure. For example, what if the little girl whose picture started all of this isn't really my little girl but has led us far enough to find those who will help us to find our little girls?
In frustration I asked my husband last night, "What are we even doing, anyway?"
He said, "We are following the impressions of the Lord."
Oh, yes. Whew!
"Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom;
Lead thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home;
Lead thou me on!
Keep thou my feet;
I do not ask to see the distant scene --
One step enough for me."
(John Henry Newman, 1801-1890)
No comments:
Post a Comment